The Importance of Purchasing a Suitable Domain Name
There are several reasons why you need to purchase a suitable domain name for your new website:
- If you planning on changing your web hosting service provider in the future, the domain name goes automatically with you. You are the only owner of the domain name. Your regular customer or web visitors will know your website and they will not have to be informed about any change of the web address. As far as they are concerned, your website can be found at the same place. They will still have to type your domain and they will be automatically brought to your new location.
- You need to remember that the domain name gives your online business a credibility. No one will be willing to do a business with you if you don’t own a suitable domain name. You need a domain that is going to represent your business online and a name that is related to the products or services you are offering.
- If you purchase a domain name that describes your company’s name or business, the visitors can memorize that name easily and they can return to your website whenever they want. Also, if you want good advertisers for your new website, a good domain name is always helpful. The domain name tends to give your new website an aura of integrity and reputability.
The Process of Domain Name Registration
Purchasing a domain name includes registering the name with an organization known as ICANN through a reliable domain name registrar. You will have to find a popular and reliable domain name registrar, pick a domain name, and pay a registration fee that varies according to the domain name extension you are going to choose. Once you will pay the registration fee, that will give you the official right for the domain name for a year. This means that you will have to renew the domain name annually.
Tips to Use Before You Purchase a Domain Name
Choosing the right domain name for your new website is extremely important. The right domain is essential for both the search engines and the target audience. So, before you buy a domain name for your new website, here are some tips you need to follow:
- Research and do your homework – Before you buy a certain domain name you need to research a bit. Check out the available domains, see if anything suits your business needs, make combinations, and check the competitor’s domain names.
- Buy domain names that are easy to remember, type, and memorize – Avoid multiple hyphens, an odd spelling of words, numbers, and etc.
- Stick with .com – As you know .com is the most popular domain name extension so stick to it if you can.
Are you ready to register your first domain name? Good luck!